Are you planning to learn SEO and want to explore the modules covered in the SEO Course Syllabus? Then this article can help you at its best. Before we dig into the details of skills covered in an essential SEO course syllabus 2023, let us first understand the importance and need for SEO.
The SEO course syllabus below will guide you about the coverage of a complete SEO course, telling you what you will learn in search engine optimization throughout the entire course. But before we get to the syllabus, we must first understand what SEO exactly is and what is the need and importance of the SEO course syllabus.
As you all know, SEO stands for search engine optimization, a technique of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website with the help of organic search engine results.
It is all about understanding what people are searching for on the internet, the words they’re using, the answers they are seeking, and the type of content they want to see. If you know answers to these questions, it will allow you to reach the audience who are searching the queries for the solutions you offer.
If knowing the intent of your audiences is one side of the SEO coin, delivering it in a way search engine crawlers can better understand is the other.
Search engine optimization’s ultimate goal is to generate organic traffic, i.e. searchers clicking through your website from a SERP (search engine result page).
Indeed, most online experiences always begin on a search engine, making it the most used digital tool, which is the primary reason SEO is important.
Know Why Is It Important To Learn SEO Course Syllabus 2023
In the competitive marketing of today’s world, SEO marketing is more important than ever. Search engines serve millions of users daily for solutions to their problems or answers to their questions.
If you want to run a website, blog, or online store, learning the SEO course syllabus and using these strategies can help you get free targeted traffic from search engines.
The following are some major reasons why SEO and learning the SEO course syllabus 2023 is important to get more traffic to your website. Check out.
- Most search engine users expectedly click on one of the top 5 search engine result pages (SERPs) results. To take advantage of this and gain more traffic on your website, it needs to appear in one of the top 5 positions. And learning the listed SEO course syllabus will let you understand how you can do this.
- SEO is not only about search engines; implementing good SEO practices improves a website’s usability and user experience.
- Undoubtedly, users trust search engines, and if you have a presence in the top positions for the keywords the user is searching for, it will increase your website trust. And you will learn all these important SEO practices in the advanced SEO Course Syllabus.
- Additionally, SEO is also good for the social promotion of your website. People who find your website on top SERP results are more likely to promote it on social platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and more.
- Learning the SEO course syllabus is important for the smooth running of a big website. Websites having more than one author can benefit from SEO directly and indirectly. The direct benefit of SEO is an increase in organic traffic, and the indirect benefit it offers has a common framework to utilize before publishing content on the website.
- Learning the SEO course syllabus and implementing SEO techniques can put you ahead of the competitors. If two websites are selling the same thing, the SEO-optimized website is more likely to have more traffic and make more sales.
After learning about the importance of SEO and learning the SEO course syllabus 2023, now you might want to explore the entire SEO Course Syllabus.
Let’s dive into the guide.
SEO Course Syllabus 2023- Become An SEO Expert
When you want to know about any course, the syllabus is the foremost thing you need to explore as it is the most important part of any course. So, if you are planning to build your career as an SEO expert, choosing the Haryana School Of Digital Marketing (HSDM) can be highly beneficial as we provide a comprehensive SEO course syllabus to meet the industry’s requirements. We have listed below the complete SEO course syllabus to let you understand it thoroughly.
Module 1 – Introduction To SEO
- What is Search Engine Optimization
- Basics Of SEO
- How SEO Works
- Scope Of SEO
- History of Google
- SEO Techniques (On-Page and Off-Page)
- Difference between White Hat, Grey Hat, and Black Hat SEO
- Need Of SEO
- Things to Keep In Mind Before Getting Started With SEO of Website
- What is Ranking
- What is SERP
- How does Google rank a Website?
- Paid Vs Organic Result
- Getting familiar with terms like crawlers, robots, and spiders
- Understanding Google Updates/ Penalties
Module 2 – Website Planning And Creation
- Domain Selection
- Domain Name Registration
- Hosting And Its Types
- How to connect domain and hosting?
- WordPress Installation
- WordPress Overview
- Important Plugins Overview
- Website Designing Using Divi
Module 3 – Keyword Research
- Introduction To Keyword Research
- Types Of Keywords
- Why and How to choose the right keywords?
- Tools for keyword research – Free and Paid
- Understanding Keyword Properties
- How to Find Competition?
- How to Add Keywords in Content?
Module 4 – Content Writing
- Introduction Of Content Writing
- Difference Between Content Writing and Copy Writing
- How To Write SEO Blogs?
- Importance of keywords
- Title Optimization
- How to write a content introduction?
- Header Tags Optimization
- Meta Description Optimization
- Image Optimization
- Internal Links
- External Links
- Conclusion Optimization
- Transition Words
- Use of tools in Content Writing
- How to generate earning opportunities in content writing?
Module 5 – Local SEO
- What is Local SEO
- Setup Google Business Profile Account
- Understanding Google Business Profile Policy
- Local SEO Ranking Factors
- Local Business Models Details
- Google Business Profile Dashboard Overview
- Make Free Google Business Profile Website
- How to Optimize Local SEO to Rank on the Top
Module 6 – SEO Important Topics
- SEO Sales Funnel
- SEO Methodology
- Search Intent
- Page Attributes
- SERP Attributes
- Featured Snippet
- Schema Markup
Module 6 – On-Page SEO Optimization
- What is On-Page Optimization
- On-Page SEO Ranking Factors
- How to publish your article in WordPress?
- How to improve On-Page SEO score using Rank Math?
- On-Page SEO Plugins List
- Live Content Writing and Publishing to show how it ranks on Google
Module 7 – Off-Page SEO Optimization
- What is Off-Page SEO
- What are the Backlinks?
- What are do-follow and no-follow links?
- What are Domain Authority and Page Authority?
- What is a Link Wheel?
- Backlinks Hierarchy Structure
- How to Get Link Juice?
- Social Bookmarking
- Web 2.0
- Article Submissions
- Image/Video Submissions
- Email Outreach
- Social Signals
- PR (Press Release)
Module 8 – Technical SEO Optimization
- What is Technical SEO?
- Google Search Console and its Setup
- Complete Overview of Google Search Console
- How to create Schema Markup?
- How to create a Sitemap?
- Robots.txt File
- Google Disavow Tool
- How to save your website from Hackers?
Module 9 – YouTube SEO
- Introduction to YouTube SEO
- How to create and set up YouTube Channel
- Problems in Shooting videos and Solutions
- Video Scripting
- Keyword Research for YouTube
- How to get your YouTube video ranked?
- Youtube Analytics Overview
- YouTube Monetisation Process
Module 10 – Google Publisher Centre
- What is Google Publisher Centre
- Google Publisher Centre Account Setup
- How to get your website verified in Google Publisher Centre
- How to add posts to Google News?
Module 11 – Google Analytics
- What is Google Analytics?
- How to set up a Google Analytics Account?
- Google Analytics Dashboard Overview
- Real-Time Audience Overview
- Audience Overview
- Understanding User Behaviour
- How to Set Up Goals
Module 12 – Google AdSense
- What is Google AdSense?
- Google AdSense Policies
- Eligibility to create Google AdSense Account
- How to set up a Google AdSense Account?
- Google AdSense Dashboard Overview
- How to Setup Ads?
- How to Optimize Earning?
Module 13 – 200 Ranking Factors
- 200+ SEO Ranking Factors
Module 14 – SEO Audit
- What is an SEO Audit?
- SEO Audit Points
- How to perform an SEO Audit?
Module 15 – How to Get Clients
- How to get clients in SEO?
Things You Shouldn’t Be Doing in SEO
Here are some important things you should avoid while doing SEO of your website, which is also a part of the SEO Course Syllabus.
- Try to avoid Grey Hat SEO
- Black Hat SEO
- Exact-match Anchor text
- Spam comments
- Keyword Stuffing
- Unnatural links
- Duplicate content and cloaking
- Domain and Keyword Cloaking
- 3rd party “Paid” links
- Intrusive Interstitial Ads
- Automated link building
- Article spinners
- Link and article directories
- Doorway Page, bots, spam, Link Baiting
- Paid / spam blogging
- Duplicate Content and Cloaking
The topics mentioned above are the essential ones that must be included in an ideal SEO course syllabus to pursue in 2023. You can surely reshape yourself into a successful SEO expert by mastering these digital marketing modules.
We hope that the shared information is valuable for you. And still, if you have any doubts about the digital marketing course syllabus in India, feel free to leave a comment below.
Also, in the meantime, if you are looking for an advanced SEO Course, you should check out these online and offline courses provided by the Haryana School Of Digital Marketing. They are well-known for delivering the best SEO courses in India and worldwide. Enroll in a two-day free demo class at HSDM to grow digitally. It will help you know how to become an SEO expert in less time.